Welcome to this sale for a 25kg bag of Crushed Glass Blasting Media. Medium/Fine grade.We also supply this product by the pallet, the listing is available on our store. For any enquiries, please send us a message.Crushed glass offers significant cost savings over using plastic beads, soda blast, and glass beads. Because it is more aggressive, it is able to remove corrosion and tougher coatings that other medias cannot, such as thick and rubbery elastomeric coatings.Glass blasting sand is very economical, available in a variety of grit sizes, and through a wide variety of grades, can achieve all MIL Profiles. We sell glass blasting media from a variety of different manufacturers, with locations all around the country.
Benefits of Glass Blast:
- More efficient to use
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly
Please note that item packaging may differ.If you have any questions about the item, do not hesitate to message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.Thanks for looking.PLEASE CHECK DELIVERY CHARGES IF YOU ARE LIVING IN THE HIGHLANDS/ISLE OF MAN/IRELAND. TYPICAL COST TO THE HIGHLANDS VARY AND MAY COST EXTRA PER BOX.Check out my other items!Be sure to add me to your favourites list!
- Efficiently Cleans steel, aluminum, wood, concrete, stone, fiberglass
- Excellent replacement to silica sand
- Excellent for use as a separator or barrier with concrete pavers and forms. A layer of 2040 crushed glass prevents concrete forms from sticking to each other during the curing process and can be swept into the grout cracks during installation
- Glass Blast will leave a clean, bright finish to metal surfaces
- Excellent for achieving an aggressive profile for coatings, including cathodic protection and overlay performance
- Glass delivers very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter (SP-10) finish to the substrate.
- Lighter weight than most abrasives. Contractors report back that they use at least 25% less abrasive (some say up to 50% less) when using glass as compared to mineral slags
- SAFE - no free silica, is chemically inert and non toxic, heavy metal free in most cases
- Inert - can use it around water
- Mohs Hardness of 6.0 - similar to slags
- Superior rust-back performance when compared with mineral/slag abrasives
- Many tests confirm less dust when blasting with glass vs mineral slags - up to 31% less dust generated
- Contains No Beryllium like mineral slags do
- Uniform Density
- Dust is translucent! No visual barrier to the blasting operator and does not leave black dust all over
- A great alternative to coal slag. Contains no beryllium and will not leave black dust all over
- Great for thick, softer coatings because it is a lighter weight abrasive. It does not "bounce" back off the surface. It cuts it like a knife
- Great for concrete and leaves no residue, discoloration, odor, imbedding, or ferrous impingement.
- Excellent additive for seal coating operations!
- Excellent replacement for soda blasting due to its lower cost and it will not leave a PH imbalance on the substrate (which often requires a PH wash solution so that the paint will adhere). Glass will also cut through rust, and soda blast will not